Without fear of being wrong I can assure that if there is a sport that everyone likes, that’s Baseball!!!
In my case and being Dominican, baseball goes beyond being an entertainment..it’s a culture!! Since we are small children our parents take us to the stadium and that’s when our love for our favorite team begins to develop and that happens generation to generation and also I have to mention the Dominican baseball players, for me the best in the world, who so proudly represent us in an international level.
As the baseball season is almost ending here in the United States and almost starting in my country Dominican Republic I want to share with you a couple of ideas for your Baseball Cakes but first I want to show you an easy way to make a fondant baseball bat, the decorative element necessary to complement your Baseball Cake..here you have it:
- You will need 3 strips of fondant, one brown ,one beige (mix brown and white fondant) and one white smaller than the previous ones.
- Twist the strips of fondant together and knead until the colors are partially mixed.
- When fondant looks like this, similar to the wood, stop kneading.
- To form the bat make a small sausage with the fondant and then with your finger make an indentation to about 3/4 the length of the sausage.
- To finish the bat push with your finger the remaining quart of the sausage, shape it until you feel satisfied with the results.
And here you have a couple of pictures with some Baseball Cakes ideas:
My dear friends, hope with this cakes and this easy baseball bat tutorial you feel encouraged to make your favorite team Baseball Cake..thank you so much for reading and Happy Baseball Season!!!