Today I bring you a recipe perfect for those ,who like me, are cheese lovers: the best ever Cream Cheese frosting.
This Cream Cheese frosting is simply delicious, I love it because you can feel pretty well the cheese flavor and also is not extremely sweet.
Another advantage of this Cream Cheese frosting is that it holds its shape very well and that’s why it’s ideal for pipping cakes and cupcakes.
The recipe that I sharing today, is the basic Cream Cheese frosting recipe but we can transform it by making minimal changes that I will tell you at the end of this post.
Also, I’ll tell you what type of cake I like to combine with the different Cream Cheese frosting variations, so write down this recipe and don’t lose any detail.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 16 OZ. CREAM CHEESE ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 STICK BUTTER SOFTENED
- 2 TEASPOON VANILLA
- 3-4 CUPS POWDERED SUGAR
- Beat cream cheese and butter until mix, add vanilla and combine.
- Add sugar one cup at a time.
- DON’T OVER BEAT or frosting will be too soft.
For this occasion I combine this Cream Cheese frosting with Red Velvet Cupcakes.
This one is also my favorite to combine with Carrot Cake or Banana Bread.
- If you want to make a Cream Cheese Maple frosting cut vanilla to 1/2 teaspoon and add 1 tablespoon of Pure Maple Syrup.
This frosting is perfect for Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes.
- For a Cream Cheese Lemon frosting substitute vanilla for 2 tablespoon lemon juice and add some lemon zest (optional).
I like to combine this frosting with Lemon Cake or Strawberry Cake.
- To make Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting just add 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
This one goes perfect with Chocolate Cake, White Cake or Marble Cake.
These are some suggestions but of course you can combine it any way you want, the rules are set by you!!!
To finish I leave this close-up picture so you can see how pretty and delicate this Cream Cheese frosting looks and be encouraged to make it as soon as possible:
I hope you liked this recipe but I know you will like it more when you taste it!!
Thank you so much for reading, see you next time and happy baking!!