Definitely Thanksgiving day is one of my favorite days of the year, it is a special occasion in which the family gathers to thank God for his kindness and blessings.
Part of the Thanksgiving tradition is to make a delicious dinner where among all the succulent dishes that are prepared, the turkey is undoubtedly the star of the night.
When I was asked to make a Thanksgiving cake, the first thing that came to my mind was to make something elegant according to the celebration and add as a cake topper the most representative element of the Thanksgiving dinner, the Turkey…also I wanted to give him a funny touch by making the cute turkey hold a sign that said “Eat Beef” LOL
Here you have my favorite Thanksgiving Cake:
Some details about this beautiful cake:
- The top tier is an 8″ and the bottom tier a 10″ both of them vanilla cake filled with Dulce de Leche and buttercream icing.
- The cake is covered and decorated with marshmallows homemade fondant except for the brown and red which were prefabricated.
- The diamond design was made using this tool.
- For the decoration I used these gold dragees.
- The flowers were made using cutters from this set.
- The turkey was handmade using gumpaste (fondant + tylose powder)
- For the letters I used this wonderful Martha Stewart silicone mold.
- For the borders I used my favorite silicone mold ever.
And here you have a close-up of the turkey:
Everyone loved the cake but the turkey was the center of attention of the dinner, the hostess of the party liked it so much that she kept it as a souvenir!!
It only remains for me to wish you a happy Thanksgiving, and don’t forget to give thanks to the Lord for his love and blessings not only this day but every day.
Thanks for reading!!!