It’s been a couple of years since I made this Little Cow Cake but it’s still one of my favorites.
When I was asked to make a farm inspired cake, Presley’s mommy told me that she was in love with cows and off course my immediate thought was to put a nice cow as a topper so I decided once again to step out of my comfort zone and make the little cow just following my instincts, I had already read a little bit about how to make fondant figurines and basically everything start the same way so I decided not only to do this little cow on my way but also to make a tutorial with the purpose of being able to share it with others.
Here you have a picture of my Little Cow Cake:
Details about this cake:
- It was a 8” vanilla cake with buttercream icing.
- It was covered with green homemade marshmallow fondant and decorated with yellow and white HMMF .
- The fence was hand cut and made with brown prefabricated fondant.
- The flowers were made with a flower fondant cutter and I put light green dragees in the center of each flower.
- The grass was made with a garlic presser, no extruder at the moment LOL.
- The name was made with the FMM funky letter fondant cutter that I bought here
Close up picture of the cute little cow:
Let me tell you something, I was REALLY HAPPY with the final product, this cow topper is really easy to make and also very versatile, in this case I wanted the cow to look really girly so I put a flower in her head but you can play with it and put a bow or a hat or even earrings to give it a funny touch to it LOL.
The tutorial about how to make this cow is in the COW TUTORIAL album on my Facebook page Cake Creations by Cecilia, here’s the link:
And that’s it for now, hope you like this post and find the moment to make this beautiful cow..if you have any questions leave a comment and I will be more than happy to help, but don’t forget to give it a try, with a little bit of PRACTICE and PATIENCE you can make wonderful things!!