The most beautiful time of the year has arrived, officially Christmas is here!!
Christmas is all exciting.. decorating the house and the Christmas tree, shopping and planning the Christmas dinner which has to end of course with a delicious dessert.
And since we mentioned desserts on this occasion I want to share with you a dessert made from the candy that without a doubt better represents Christmas: Peppermint Candy Canes.
These Christmas Peppermint Cupcakes are tasty and refreshing, not only are they topped with a delicious buttercream with a peppermint flavor but also we added the surprise factor by filling them with a rich Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane.
Later in this post you will be able to find the recipe to make the Peppermint Buttercream but first let me show you the process of making these cupcakes.
- Bake your favorite flavor cupcakes, this time I made White Vanilla cupcakes but I’m sure that in combination with Chocolate cupcakes, this recipe would be great.
- I used Christmas themed baking cups to give them an appearance more in line with the theme but you can use white plain baking cups and they still going to look really good.
- Hollow the center of your cupcakes, I used a cupcake corer but you can use a knife.
- Fill with one Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane.
- Frost your cupcake with the Peppermint Buttercream, to achieve this swirl I used Wilton 1M tip.
- To finish your decoration add crushed Candy Canes.
PEPPERMINT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 1 STICK UNSALTED BUTTER ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 CUP SHORTENING
- 3 TEASPOONS PEPPERMINT EXTRACT
- 4 CUPS POWDERED SUGAR
- 2 TABLESPOON MILK OR HEAVY CREAM (IF NEEDED)
-Mix all the ingredients one by one with a hand mixer. If the consistency is too thick add milk or heavy cream. Frost your cupcakes.
And here is a close-up of the cupcakes inside..yummy!!
Please, don’t let this season go without making these Christmas Peppermint cupcakes..they are easy, delicious and ideal for these celebrations..I know you will love them as much as I did, they were the perfect excuse to break the diet!!! LOL
Thank you so much for reading, Merry Christmas!!