I’m literally in love with this gorgeous Elephant Baby Shower cake!!!
I really like the tendency of making big and fancy baby shower parties to celebrate the arrival of a new member of the family because there is not greater reason for joy than receiving the blessing of a baby and for me that must be celebrated with style.
And this beautiful elephant cake is the perfect example of what it is to celebrate a baby shower with elegance and style…from the moment I was asked to make this cake I knew it was going to be one of my favorites because of the delicate combination of colors and its exquisite details, I was really excited !!
This cake was huge, the purpose was to make it for an average of 100 guests so it had to be a big cake with details that would stand out, and that’s why we placed on the side, a larger than normal bow which, by the way, looked great on the cake.
Another detail that I loved about this cake, was the funny little blue elephant that was used as a topper..the ear in the shape of a heart and the balloon in its trunk give to this elephant a lovely and sweet touch, perfect for celebrate the arrival of a baby.
More details about this wonderful cake:
- It’s a 3 tier 6″, 8″ and 10″ vanilla cake filled with Dulce de Leche and Pineapple jam and iced with buttercream.
- It was completely covered and decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant.
- The elephant was made using a template that I printed from my computer.
- The chevron pattern from the top tier was made using this cutter.
- For the borders I used my favorite silicone mold.
- For the letters I used this fondant cutters.
- The circles on the bottom tier were made using round cookie cutters.
And here’s a close-up picture of the cute elephant and the huge bow:
Let me tell you something, this Elephant Baby Shower cake took my breath away..it was gorgeous, pure perfection!!
As you can imagine, the cake was the center of attention of the baby shower party, totally success..and also it was more than enough for the numbers of guests attending to the celebration.
Sincerely, I feel more than grateful to be able to do what I love, each cake has a different story and a different experience but what they all have in common is that I make them with the same love and dedication..that’s a pleasure for me!!
And that’s it for today,thank you so much for reading!! See you next time!!