With the arrival of January, the famous New Year’s resolutions also arrive..some promise to go more to church, others to have a more positive attitude but without a doubt the most popular resolution of all is to eat healthy and start the gym!!
When the holiday season begins, from Thanksgiving day until New Year, the diet is forgotten and with the celebrations excesses come and of course a few more pounds…the worst is when we get on the scale and see the cruel reality and the consequences of this wonderful season.
Like most of the people, one of my new year’s resolutions is to start a healthy diet and exercise more and that is why today I share with you this cake inspired by the Gym.
Although this cake was made last August, I think the theme fits perfectly to the desire of many of us to have a healthier lifestyle, besides this particular cake was made for a person who achieved a radical change in his life thanks to diet and exercise so without wasting time here are some details about this original cake:
- This is an 8″ vanilla cake filled with Dulce de Leche and Pineapple jam and iced with buttercream.
- The cake was covered and decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant except for the black and red fondant which were prefabricated.
- The gym bag was handmade out of fondant and the weights were made using round fondant cutters and placing silver candles in the middle to give a more realistic appearance.
- The numbers and letters were made using these cutters.
- For the borders I used my favorite silicone mold ever.
And here’s another picture of the cake, which by the way, was a surprise when the birthday boy came to his office:
And that’s all for now, I sincerely hope that you can meet all your new year’s resolutions..I think the key is to have consistency and patience to see the results so no matter what our resolution is, we need to be positive and focus on what we are trying to achieve..WE CAN DO IT!!!