If you were raised in a Latino family you should know that turning 15 is a big thing..
The 15 years old birthday party or “Quinceanera” as they call it in some countries, is almost like a wedding rehearsal..all the family is excited about making to the birthday girl a great party with a princess dress, a fancy dinner and a huge cake.
So you can imagine how frustrated my sister-in law was when my adorable niece, who is half Dominican and half American, told her that instead of a big party she wanted to do what she likes the most: watch movies at home with her friends…what???? Are you serious???
Yes, she was serious.. no princess dress, no fancy dinner and no huge cake!! Instead she wanted to wear jeans and t-shirt, pizza and pop corn for dinner and a Hollywood theme birthday cake.
After several days trying to change her mind, the attempt was in vain and the only option was to please her..at the end what was important was to respect her decision and make her happy.
And of course I was in the charge of the cake and I wanted to do something funny but with the glamorous touch of Hollywood and here you have the result:
Here some details about this cake:
- The top tier was a 6″ and the bottom tier a 8″ both of them almond cake filled with pineapple jam and buttercream icing.
- The cake was covered and decorated with homemade marshmallows fondant except for the black and red fondant which were prefabricated.
- The stars were made with this fondant cutter and inserted to the cake using bamboo sticks.
- The topper was a toy and the pop corn was real.
- For the number 15 and the letter N, I used the FMM funky letters fondant cutters that you can find here
All I can say is that my niece was extremely happy and without a doubt this was the perfect celebration for her..and here a picture of my beautiful niece with her friends and off course her cake:
And that’s it for now, hope you enjoyed this post..maybe you feel related if you have teenagers around!! Thanks for reading!!