I want to start saying something that I’ve been repeating for more than a month: I’M COLD!!!!
Although here in Florida the cold has not been as intense as in other parts of the country, it is surprising how low the temperatures have come in this state, that is characterized by its warm and tropical climate.
But for me, the most surprising thing, was to leave the house early in the morning and see the roof of the car completely covered with ice..I could not believe it!!! Maybe for many of you this is something very natural but for me, a Dominican girl who lives in Florida, this is something impressed me a lot.
But another thing that impresses me and also makes me laugh a lot, is to see everyone (including me) using those heavy black coats, which are ideal to be used in the snow..everybody looks the same and the only thing that comes to my mind is that with this outfit we all look like a bunch of penguins LOL
And this is why I want to share with you this Little Penguin Birthday Cake, this is one of my favorites cakes ever and although I made it a while ago, it fits perfectly with this cold season.
Details about this cake:
- This is a 8″ vanilla cake filled and iced with vanilla buttercream.
- It was covered and decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant except for the black and red fondant which were prefabricated.
- The snowflakes were made using these fondant cutters.
- The name was made using this Martha Stewart silicone mold, which by the way, is one of my favorites.
- The silver color of the snowflakes and the letters was achieved using gray fondant and then painted silver with this spray.
- The penguin figurines were handmade using gumpaste (fondant + tylose powder)
And here is a closer view of the adorable little penguins:
I sincerely hope that this cold weather ends quickly because to be honest, it’s not my favorite..but if you are one of those people who likes it and doesn’t feel uncomfortable with it, just enjoy it to the fullest before the heat arrives!!
Thank you so much for reading, Valentine’s day is coming soon so stay tuned for some wonderful ideas!