Simple but elegant and delicate are the words I would use to describe this lovely Autumn Cake.
When I was asked to make this cake, they asked for a “neutral” decoration..for them the most important thing was to eat a good cake so they left the decoration to my criteria and I decided to do something according with the season and not very complicated.
As I was asked for something neutral I did not want to use very strong or very bright colors and what I did was to add a big flower as a topper to be the center of attention of the cake.
The cake was just beautiful, here I share some details:
- It’s an 8″ almond cake filled with pineapple jam , Nutella and buttercream icing, this combination of flavors is to die for..delicious!!
- The cake is covered and decorated with homemade marshmallows fondant except for the brown fondant which was prefabricated.
- For the decoration I used these light green dragees.
- The diamond design was made using this tool.
- For the border I used my favorite silicone mold.
- The tutorial about how to make this big fondant flower is in this post.
Here is a close-up of the big flower:
This is a lovely Autumn Cake, i love it because it’s an easy and quick decoration to make, if you change the colors it adapts to any occasion or season and the detail of the big flower makes it look very elegant, so I assure you that in the future you will see more cakes like this one around here.
And that’s it for now, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and now we are getting ready to bring a lot of sweet surprises for Christmas season, thank you so much for reading..see you next time!!!