Happy New Year!! I wish you a 2018 full of health, happiness and plenty of blessings in your lives!!
In this opportunity I want to share with you one of the last cakes I made last year with a theme that makes me feel really excited every time I have the chance to do it: a Minnie Mouse Cake.
Definitely for me, Mickey or Minnie Mouse cakes are one of my favorites, if you visit my Facebook page you will realize the variety of cakes I have made using this topic and even my son’s second birthday cake was made with the Mickey Mouse theme, so making this cake almost finishing the year was a real pleasure to me.
Here are some details about this simple but extremely beautiful cake:
- It’s a two tier 6″ and 8″ cake, the top is vanilla cake and the bottom is chocolate, both of them filled with Dulce de Leche and iced with buttercream.
- The cake was covered and decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant except for the black and red fondant which were prefabricated.
- The Minnie Mouse silhouette was made using these cookie cutters and the little bows were made using these Martha Stewart Silicone Molds.
- The number 4 was made using these FMM funky letter fondant cutters.
- The Happy Birthday sign and name on the cake board were made using the Wilton Alphabet and Numbers Fondant Cut-Outs set that you can find here.
- For the Polka dots I used a small round cutter.
The birthday girl was completely happy with her cake, when she saw it she gave me a big and tender hug ,then she thanked me for making her beautiful cake.
Here’s a lovely picture of the gorgeous birthday girl blowing the candle:
To see people’s happy faces, specially kids, when they see their cakes is the greatest satisfaction I can receive, and when I share it with you I hope it serves as an inspiration and encouragement to make your own creations..may this be one of your new year’s resolutions!!
Thank you so much for reading, a lot of good things for you are coming this new year so stay tuned!!!