My country, Dominican Republic, is celebrating because we just received the news that for the third time, a Dominican baseball player was selected for the MLB Hall of Fame.
As I mentioned in a previous occasion, the baseball in my country is a culture, and it is taken even more seriously than politics, so you can imagine that for us receiving this news, was a reason for national celebration and as an Dominican, I feel very proud that athletes of such high category represent us worldwide.
Although none of our Hall of Fame players played for this team, I want to recognize the greatness of baseball with this New York Yankees Cake, made a few months ago for an extreme fan of this team.
Details about this beautiful cake:
- It’s a two tier 6″ and 8″ vanilla cake, filled with Dulce de Leche and Pineapple Jam and frosted with buttercream.
- It was covered and decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant, except for the black fondant which was prefabricated.
- The New York Yankees logo was made using a template that I printed from my computer.
- The happy birthday name and sign on the cake board were made using the Wilton Alphabet and Numbers Fondant Cut-Outs set that you can find here.
- The glove and bat were handmade using gumpaste, you can find the tutorial about how to make this fondant bat in this post.
Here is a close-up of the glove and bat so you can see how realistic they look:
I really enjoyed making this New York Yankees Cake not only because it was a very easy design to make, but because the details of the glove and bat on top give it the perfect touch to enhance this creation.. but the best part was knowing that for the birthday boy it was a very pleasant surprise and he loved it not only outside but also inside.
Thank you so much for reading, next week I will be bringing a beautiful and easy idea for Valentine’s Day..don’t miss it!!