Yes, it’s still summer and it’s still very hot..and nothing more refreshing than fresh fruit to fight this heat, and if those fruits come in the form of cake then much better!!!
This is the reason why when I was asked to make a cake with a refreshing and tropical theme I immediately thought about this pineapple cake tutorial by The Icing Artist that I had seen several times on social networks.
Pineapple cakes are very trendy this summer and I loved this one in particular not only because is easy to do but because it is a super adorable cake and it was very related to the tropical theme that I had been requested to make.
In the tutorial the cake was covered with buttercream but I made my own version with fondant and I really like the result..at the end of the post you will find the link of the video-tutorial to make this beautiful cake.
Here a picture of my Pineapple Cake:
Some details about this cake:
- It was a 8″ vanilla cake with pineapple jam filling (off course LOL) and buttercream icing.
- It was covered and decorated with homemade marshmallows fondant except for the black fondant which was prefabricated.
- The pineapple leaves were made using the lilies cutter from this set.
- The name was made using the Wilton Alphabet and Numbers Cut-Outs set that you can find here .
- The diamond design that you can notice on the cake was made using this tool.
The cake was a hit, perfect for summer, very cute outside and the best of all…delicious inside!!
Video-tutorial about how to make this cake here.
I hope that when you see this tutorial you feel motivated to do it..the best excuse: it is still summer!! Thanks for reading!!